So, you’re moving to Houston, TX, or away from the city, or just across the street – and you need to find a professional Houston mover to help with the transition. With so many Houston moving companies to choose from, and several aspects to take into consideration with your specific move, the prospect of finding the right movers business for the job that are affordable and easy to work with can be overwhelming.
That’s why here at tvorchestvo-detey.ru, we’ve broken down the five the things you need to take into consideration when picking your Houston moving company.
What Kind of Move Are You Making?
Are you moving your family to a new home? Are you relocating a business? Believe it or not, this is an important distinction to make when choosing a moving company. Not all companies are equipped for both commercial and residential moves.
Local Move or Interstate Relocation?
Will your relocation be long distance, or just down the street? Will it require international shipment and coordination? Whether residential or commercial, the distance your move requires will narrow down the number of moving companies that have the range of capabilities you’re looking for.
What Types of Items Are You Moving?
Along with the kind of move you’re making, the things you need moved can affect your choice in movers. Are you moving large, bulky, unusual items, like a Grand Piano? Do you have delicate, valuable materials that require specialized moving equipment, like servers or medical instruments?
How Much Help Do You Need?
Are you a notoriously organized planner who only needs a helping hand moving boxes from one place to another? Or do you need help packing your items because you simply don’t have the time and resources to do it all by yourself? Needing basic or full moving services will dictate the moving company you choose and also affect the baseline of what you should expect for cost.
What Is Your Relocation Schedule?
Is this a move you’ve been planning for sometime, or did you realize last week that you needed movers? Are you leaving your current location soon, but not moving into your next for a certain period of time? The type of schedule and urgency your move requires will also affect your baseline budget and help determine the moving company you need.
Evaluating Your Potential Houston Movers
Once you’ve answered these questions for yourself and know what you need from your Houston moving company, you can start to narrow down your choices based on the services they offer. Here’s a quick guide of things to look for:
- AMSA Affiliate – American Moving & Storage Association is the national trade association for the professional moving industry. Affiliates will have national and international resources to provide you with a higher standard of care and customer service for your move.
- ProMover Accreditation – This consumer protection and certification is an easy way to separate reputable, professional movers from scam artists out to con you during your move.
- BBB Rating – The Better Business Bureau rates legitimate moving businesses according to the services they offer and how well those services are provided. You should never work with a company that has anything less than an A+ rating.
- Van Line Agent – Most moving companies are not licensed to move you across state lines, but moving companies that are Van Line Agents work as part of a larger network of movers (the Van Line) to safely and efficiently move your possessions from state to state.
- Customer Reviews – Most companies will include a page where you can read through customer ratings and reviews, and also rate and review the company yourself, once you become a customer. You should be wary of companies that don’t include this information. Read our customers' Houston mover reviews for tvorchestvo-detey.ru.
Keep in mind, after all of this, the Houston moving and storage company you pick
should meet or exceed all of the criteria you set for your move, and the above
Lucky for you, tvorchestvo-detey.ru can make your search for great Houston movers even easier, as we offer the flexible services needed to fit your move at affordable prices, and we do it with five-star customer ratings and the industry’s most elite certificates and qualifications.